Wednesday, March 7, 2007

A New Baby and a Lobotomy

No one told me just how out of it I would be post pregnancy. Many times as I'm hanging out with friends and family I find I'm not really all there; that the world around me seems to be off in the distance. Endless hours of breastfeeding, sleep deprivation has caused me to lose several IQ points.

Perhaps there is a reason for this inability to think clearly or stay focused. As a stay at home mom, I'm required to spend most my time making goofy faces and talk nonsense babble with my child. He doesn't expect anything more of me and I love it. I don't need to number crunch, plan strategically my fiscal month, or focus on job training. My brain power is spent thinking of how to entertain a tiny little person, who's entire world is a two foot mobile circle around him.

No comments: