Monday, January 8, 2007

Pure Unconditional Love

Everyone says you don't know true love until you have a baby. Everyone said I would fall in love so quickly. I can Honestly say I'm more in love with this little baby than I ever dreamed possible. I would die for him. Gabriel and I are having fun together; we enjoy eachother's company. It turns out he'll laugh at all my jokes, provided I tickle his cheek at the punchline. He started his smiling a couple of weeks ago but really it has been in the last several days that it seems someone really turned the light on upstairs. He gets so excited when he hears my voice...big smile, a coo, feet kicking in pure joy. And screw all the professional books that say what he 'should' be doing this week. I was finding myself disappointed to read he should be doing xyz at whatever age, only to discover he'll do it in his own damn time.

I am still trying to find the patience to record his laughter in his sleep. If I posed myself with the camera ready, it might take days before I get a sound recording. It is so spontaneous. By the time I hit record, the laughter has already finished. For now, I am quite content in just listening and being pleasantly surprised when he lets out that loud belly laugh in his sleep.

No comments: